Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beyond my border...

Ja, jeg leste nettopp det siste innleget til Jeppe, noe jeg ikke burde ha gjort. Ettersom det bare fikk meg bare til å savne han enda mer...
I got your letter today
And I miss you all so much, here
I can't wait to see you all
And I'm counting the days, dear
I still believe that there's gold
At the end of the world
And I'll come home, to Illinois
On the day after tomorrow

It is so hard, and it's cold here
And I'm tired of taking orders
And I miss old Rockford town
Up by the Wisconsin border
But I miss you won't believe
Shoveling snow and raking leaves
And my plane will touch tomorrow
On the day after tomorrow

I close my eyes, every night
And I dream that I can hold you
They fill us full of lies, everyone buys
About what it means to be a soldier
I still don't know how I'm supposed to feel
About all the blood that's been spilled
Look out on the street
Get me back home
On the day after tomorrow

Selv om denne sangen handler om en soldat, ute i krigen som skriver hjem. Må jeg si at den beskriver lengselen min til punkt og prikke. Det sies at "distance makes the heart grow fonder", but I doubt fondness makes the heart grow distant. I'd take closeness over distance any day of the week...

Tom Waits - Day After Tomorrow

1 comment:

Jeppe said...

Where are you when the sun goes down? You're so fare away from me.
*sukk* Heldigvis er det bare 9 dager igjen nå...