Monday, October 27, 2008

"Theater is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental. Much like life.”

I love theater. I love everything about theater. I love acting, I love the play, I love the stage. I Heart Theater! There's nothing better, than standing in front of an audience, and playing a character that is completely different from yourself. It's the only time I'm truly happy, I forget that I have school the next day, I forget my upcoming exams, I forget everything about my life, I can just put it aside and be someone else. Not that I really have that much to forget or anything, but being a student can be rather stressful at time.

So why the sudden outburst of me declaring my love for theater? Well I'm glad you asked, I happen to be apart of a little theater group called Effekt Ungdomstheater, I know what are the odds, it's like a freak-coincidence. Earlier this year we played “The Snow Queen” by H.C. Andersen and now it's time for “Nesegrevet - En Lek Med Eventyr” by Tor Åge Bringsværd. It really is a funny play overflowing with morality, but in a good way. I'll have to post some picture later, since I can't find the thingamagig that attaches to the duehicky and magically makes pictures appear on the computer screen. So far we've had three performances and five more to come. Here's a little poster for yah! The whole gang, well the instructor is missing, but not forgotten. I love them all<3>We've had about three days break and I believe I'm in withdrawal, experiencing extreme amounts of phantom pains. It's weird but acting is my life. I'm not necessarily any good at it, so don't expect to see me on television, crying my little heart out because I won an Oscar, while trying to thank every single person I've ever meet. It's just delightfully, humorous. I would do anything if it meant I could be an actor full-time. Well almost, a girl has got to have some sort of limit.

Now that I've shared my hot Latino passion for theater, I'll tell you about one I've mention before. Halloween! Gee golly gosh I adore Halloween, and the best part is it's right around the corner. Obviously with every up there is a down. This years downer is I don't have time to celebrate Halloween. I know SINNER! With two huge tests and several theater performances (I can't possible be angry at Nesegrevet) there just isn't any time left for ghouls and goblins. Naturally I am going to get down with the ancient souls of our prehistoric ancestors, just not on the 31 of October. I guess I'll need to do a seance or something to awake the spirits again, of course they might be angry, but that is a chance I am willing to take.
I just finished carving the traditional Jack-O-Lantern and I must say it's the first pumpkin I've really been satisfied with. I guess the apprentice has finally outgrown the master. This year I carved Jack Skellington the pumpkin king, fitting I know. I have to admit I like how he turned out.

Now here's something I find peculiar, America the land of hallmark, celebrates the Mexican Halloween 'Día de los Muertos' Day of the Dead. ( I googled it. Hey! If you want an encyclopedia, go to the library) But Halloween first originated in Ireland, this being the peculiar part, why doesn't the Norwegian people celebrate this Norse folklore. Let that fester in you're mind for a minute, a mental mindfuck does the heart good.

P.S. Today it snowed, I mean it really "poured" down. Everyone was about halv an hour late for class, but I don't care. Snow is filled with glee. I'm was as giddy as a school girl...

1 comment:

Luka said...

Ohemmgee. Jeg likte gresskaret! Det er det beste jeg har sett!;o Good job Doris!
Likte dette innlegget og Nesegrevet er jo herlig.:}
<3